Tuesday, July 5, 2011

July 12 -- New location, Tamar Granor on hard SQL queries

This month, the Philadelphia VFP User Group moves to our new meeting location in Room 158 of DeVry University, 1140 Virginia Drive, Fort Washington, PA. The folks at DeVry are letting us use the room for free; the only cost is that, at this first meeting, we'll hear briefly from a DeVry representative.

The meeting on Tuesday, July 12, begins at 7 PM. Feel free to come as early as 6:30 and bring some dinner.

This month, we'll continue with Southwest Fox previews. I'll be rehearsing my session "Joins and Subqueries: Using SQL Commands for the Hard Stuff."

Abstract: Writing simple SQL queries isn't hard to learn. But as soon as you need
something a little more complex, you get tangled up in inner joins vs. outer joins and where to use a subquery and so forth.

This session will bridge the gap between simple and complex queries with a deep dive into the JOIN clause and the use of subqueries. We'll also talk about how to
optimize queries and the tools VFP provides to help you.

While this session will focus on VFP's SQL commands, much of the information will be applicable to other SQL dialects.

Mark August 9 and September 13 for our next two meetings.

1 comment:

ttz said...

I'm from south korean.
I'm used VFP 9.0 and Webconnect and Mysql.I can make web program and window program.I would like to attend.I Hope the good meeting.
If you have any other information send me.
duyeonglee@gmail.com